Current Members

Completing Monthly Forms

Service Hour Record Forms and Monthly Progress Reports are due on the 1st of the following month whether hours were served or not.

How to log hours

To log hours on our Time Tracking system (IPT), please follow the instruction below:

  1. Log into IPT (
  2. Click on “My Forms”
  3. Click “View” on the Service Hour Record form you want to work on
  4. Dropdown menu items correspond to your focus area (see Service Hour Record Form Explanation)
  5. Accurately divide Member Development hours and Direct service hours in correct columns
  6. Leave Fund Raising as zero hours (fundraising is not allowed)
  7. Do not count more than 60 hours in one week (Sunday-Saturday)
  8. Do not record hours before they were actually served. This is considered as fraud.
  9. Click Save after you are done logging your hours.
  10. Sign your name electronically at the bottom of the form at the end of the month to submit the form.

View the following tutorial on how to complete your Service Hour Record Form

Service Hour Record Drop Down Explanations

How to complete the Monthly Progress Report

To log complete the Monthly Progress Report (IPT), please follow the instruction below:

  1. Log into IPT (
  2. Click on “My Forms”
  3. Click “View” on the Monthly Progress Report form you want to work on.
  4. Choose your Focus Area from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
  5. Answer the question about disaster services only if applicable (this is not common in the Utah Campus Compact AmeriCorps Program)
  6. Answer the Required Monthly Assessment Questions that correspond to your Focus Area. Enter N/A next to questions that correspond with Focus Areas that are not yours.
  7. Answer all questions regarding the Volunteer Mobilization Project if it was completed that month; enter N/A if it was not. Describe the project substantively in the VMP Narrative Box after reading the instructions thoroughly.
  8. Enter your Service Hour Record Narrative after reading the instructions thoroughly. This is a requirement for any month hours were served.
  9. Enter your Great Story after reading the instructions thoroughly. This is a requirement for any month hours were served.
  10. Click Save after you are done entering content.
  11. Sign your name electronically at the bottom of the form at the end of the month to submit the form.

View the following tutorial on how to complete your Monthly Progress Report

Monthly Reporting FAQ’s

What is the Volunteer Mobilization Project?

All UCC AmeriCorps Members are required to complete a Volunteer Mobilization Project during their service term. Members will recruit volunteers to add value to their service site by providing additional service that directly benefits the site and/or the community the member serves. If you have any questions about the Volunteer Mobilization Project and the project requirements please contact your Campus Coordinator or Utah Campus Compact AmeriCorps Program Staff.

Requirements for the project are as follows:

  • Recruit a minimum of five non-AmeriCorps volunteers (volunteers can be family members, friends, neighbors, etc.)
  • There is no age requirement
  • Each member must serve a minimum time of one hour per volunteer.
  • Members will summarize the experience and its results in the Monthly Progress Report during the month(s) in which project took place.
  • Members can do multiple projects throughout their term. Not all five volunteers have to participate in one project on one day. Projects can be spread out during the term.
  • The project must directly benefit the service site and/or the community the members serves. Examples of projects that do not fulfill this requirement can be heard in the Monthly Progress Report Video Tutorial.

Some ideas for the Volunteer Mobilization Project are:

Education Focus Area: Recruit volunteers to clean and/or repair the site’s facilities, recruit volunteers to provide additional tutoring support, or recruit guests to come to teach students about a specific topic

Healthy Futures Focus Area: Recruit volunteers to collect, assemble, and distribute health care products/hygiene kits, and pamphlets

Capacity Building Focus Area: Recruit volunteers to promote non-profit services and resources

Are the Service Hour Record Narrative and Great Story the same thing?

No, your Service Hour Record Narrative is a more detailed description of your service activities than what you are able to provide in the Service Hour Record Form. Your Great Story is an explanation of impact as a result of your service. It may be a transformative moment or impact that you’ve witnessed over the course of your term.

These sections should not contain the same content.

How long does my great story have to be in the progress report?

Minimum of 300 words. This is the member’s chance to share the impact that they’re making on their service site and/or the people they serve. Be as detailed as possible!

What types of activities can I count as hours toward my AmeriCorps term?

If it is not written in your Position Description, do not count them as hours! Not all forms of service fit your particular term goals and requirements.

The following sections in your Position Description outline what types of activities are permitted to count toward your term.

  • Position Description Summary and Responsibilities
  • Allowed Activities

What can I count for Member development hours?

Member development hours can account for up to 20% of the member’s total service term

  • Class time spent at member’s institution of higher learning related to their service (do not count homework)
  • Professional conferences and workshops related to member’s service
  • Faculty meeting/agency staff meetings or training related to the member’s service
  • Member may count time spent reflecting on their service either individually, with peers, and/or with site supervisors

Besides Direct Service and Member development, are there other activities I can count as hours?

Yes, members may count time spent voting and serving jury duty on their Service Hour Record forms. Also, if a member is serving in Armed Forces Reserve they may count active duty time on Service Hour Record forms. If you are serving in the Armed Forces Reserve and would like to count hours, please contact us for more information.

Prohibited Activities for AmeriCorps Members

While wearing anything that affiliates you as an AmeriCorps member, you may not participate in or count AmeriCorps hours while engaging in any of the following activities:

  1. Attempting to influence legislation
  2. Organizing or engaging in protests, petitions, boycotts, or strikes
  3. Assisting, promoting, or deterring union organizing
  4. Impairing existing contracts for services or collective bargaining agreements
  5. Engaging in partisan political activities, or other activities designed to influence the outcome of an election to any public office
  6. Participating in, or endorsing, events or activities that are likely to include advocacy for or against political parties, political platforms, political candidates, proposed legislation, or elected officials
  7. Engaging in religious instruction, conducting worship services, providing instruction as part of a program that includes mandatory religious instruction or worship, constructing or operating facilities devoted to religious instruction or worship, maintaining facilities primarily or inherently devoted to religious instruction or worship, or engaging in any form of religious proselytization
  8. Conducting a voter registration drive or using CNCS funds to conduct a voter registration drive
  9. Providing abortion services or referrals for receipt of such services; and such other activities as CNCS may prohibit.
  10. Providing a direct benefit to— i. A business organized for profit; ii. A labor union; iii.A partisan political organization iv. A nonprofit organization that fails to comply with the restrictions contained in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 related to engaging in political activities or substantial amount of lobbying except that nothing in these 9 provisions shall be construed to prevent participants from engaging in advocacy activities undertaken at their own initiative; and v. An organization engaged in the religious activities described in paragraph 3.g. above, unless CNCS assistance is not used to support those religious activities

For more information refer to our Member Handbook found under Forms and Documents above

Program Code of Conduct

  • Members are expected to dress and behave appropriately.
  • Members always need to wear something that identifies them as an AmeriCorps member while they serve (button, pin, lanyard, name tag). Your Campus Coordinator will provide this to you when you are fully enrolled.
  • When interacting with the media, programs should clearly represent themselves as an AmeriCorps program and members as AmeriCorps members. All communication pieces involving AmeriCorps in any way are required to include “AmeriCorps” and/or the AmeriCorps logo.
  • Members who commit certain crimes while serving will be exited from the program without award. Specific offenses, sexual harassment, and Drug-Free Workplace topics can be found in the member handbook on Utah Campus Compact’s website.
  • Members also have access to grievance procedures to ensure that their treatment in AmeriCorps is both fair and appropriate. You can find more information about our grievance procedure on Utah Campus Compact’s website.

For more information refer to our Member Handbook found under Forms and Documents above

Member Development Stipend

The Member Development Stipend is additional funding which may be awarded to applicants wishing to pursue professional development opportunities. Funds are limited and are available on a first-come-first serve basis. You can apply for this stipend by submitting the application to our program manager: maggier {at} utahcompact(.)org

NOTE: The Member Development Stipend for the 17-18 grant year is no longer available as funds have been depleted.

Segal AmeriCorps Education Award

The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is a post-service benefit received by individuals who complete terms of national service in approved AmeriCorps programs.

Upon successful completion of your term, you will access your education award through the AmeriCorps Portal. 

How to Request Your Award

  1. Log into the My AmeriCorps Portal at
  2. Under “My Education Award” (on the left) select “Create Education Award Payment Request.”
  3. Fill out the form, paying particular attention to the “Payment Type” and “Amount Authorized” fields.
  4. Select the institution to be paid by using the “Search for Institutions” link. If your school or loan company has not registered in My AmeriCorps, they will not be on the list of institutions in the system. In this case:
    • After you complete a search and your institution does not appear, click the “Not Found” link.
    • Enter as much information as you can about your institution or loan company into the fields.
  5. Submit the form. These requests may be processed manually and may take several weeks.
  6. Once you click “Submit” a notice will be sent electronically to your institution or loan company. A record of your request will appear in your account home page. The institution or loan company will complete their portion of the form and return it electronically to the Corporation for National and Community Service.

If you encounter any problems, call the national service hotline at 1-800-942-2677.


Loan Forbearance

What is Loan Forbearance?

If you have federal student loans, you might be eligible to get part of the interest that accumulates during your service term paid for you. Forbearance means that you neither make payments nor pay interest on your loan(s) over a specified period of time. In other words, you will not have to make payments on your loan(s) while you serve. Then after you successfully complete service, the National Service Trust will pay the interest that gathered while you were a member.

How do I apply for forbearance?

Loans do not go into forbearance automatically. There is a forbearance process to follow, the earlier in your term, the better.

  1. Submit a “forbearance request”found on the left side of the screen in your AmeriCorps Portal ( You’ll need to know the name of the lending school or institution, including the city, state and zip code.
  2. After you have finished your term and UCChas finished processing your exit paperwork you’ll receive an email notifying you of your successful completion. You may then go back to your AmeriCorps Portal and complete the “interest accrual request”, also found on the left side of your screen.

Do my loans qualify for forbearance?

Forbearance applies to most federal loans with two exceptions; Parent-Plus loans and Perkins Loans. Private loans do not qualify for forbearance.

How much of my interest will be paid?

The portion of your interest that the National Service trust will pay depends on the term hours you serve. To find out how to calculate the amount of interest the Trust will pay click here.

A note for those planning on working in the non-profit or government sector in the future:

If you put your loans into forbearance and want to count your service term toward the 10-year Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, there are specific steps to follow. Click on the link for more information. Visit the CNCS website for even more information about loan forbearance.

Important Documents

Member Handbook

Polices and Procedures Handbook

Member Development Application


Online Resources


IPT is the online enrollment and time tracking system used by UCC AmeriCorps Members throughout their term. For information on the various functions of IPT, such as how to reset your password and how to track total hours, view the following tutorial:

IPT Overview Tutorial

Corporation for National and Community Service (

CNCS is a federal agency that helps millions of Americans improve the lives of their fellow citizens through service. The Corporation works hand in hand with local partners to tap the ingenuity and can-do spirit of the American people to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing our nation. CNCS funds and supports all AmeriCorps Programs throughout the nation in addition to housing other service oriented programs like Senior Corps, the Social Innovation Fund, and the Volunteer Generation Fund. Visit their website for additional resources regarding your AmeriCorps term.

Utah Commission on Service and Volunteerism- UServeUtah (

The Utah Commission on Service and Volunteerism (UServeUtah) is an active board of commissioners appointed by the Governor to support volunteerism in Utah. The purpose of UServeUtah is to enable individuals, communities, and organizations in Utah to benefit from the service, power, skills, and passion of volunteers. UServeUtah, in partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service, brings National Service programs to Utah. This is the organization that funds and provides oversight for the Utah Campus Compact AmeriCorps Program. For more information about the great work being done at UServeUtah, visit their website.


Exiting the Program

If you are done with your hours or at least two weeks away from finishing your term, contact your campus coordinator and let them know you are ready to exit!

After you contact your campus coordinator, they will send you a list of items that must be completed before you can exit. These items will include: completing an Exit Form on, completing an exit survey, and setting up a time to meet with your Campus Coordinator to complete an Exit Checklist.

It is your responsibility to complete all the exit items as written on the Exit Checklist. Utah Campus Compact cannot exit you with award until all items are done.

Any errors found in your Monthly Reports or other service requirements must be addressed before UCC Staff can exit you.

You have 30 days from your last day of service to exit the program, so do not delay this process!